5 Benefits of the Carnivore Diet
I want to share with you about a diet that you may have heard about. Thousands of people are reaping a myriad of benefits from this diet. So lets discuss 5 benefits of the carnivore diet.
A carnivore diet is when you when you eat only animal-based foods such as meat, organ meat, eggs, fish, dairy except of course for the salt you add and the water you drink. So basically everything you eat comes from an animal in some form or another.
Watch the video below:
I consider the Carnivore diet a subset of the keto diet as its also low carb. One of the strengths of these two diets is that fact that they are low carb. One of the powerful aspects specific to the carnivore diet though is that some people are triggered or have immunologic reactions to things in plants and vegetables and when they remove those things, their health improves dramatically.
I think its completely fine and appropriate to eat a carnivore diet for the rest of your life however I do thinks its fine to include some plants as long as your immune system isn't triggered and you don’t have a reaction. If you have an autoimmune condition, skin condition and/or a mental health condition, I think it would be beneficial to avoid ALL plants foods at least for 90 days to see how your body responds and to let it heal.
I have been following the Carnivore diet/carnivore-ish diet since Aug 2019. I had been hearing and reading about it from different physicians and experts for about a year before starting it and I was just learning about too many benefits that I thought I need to try this. The main benefit that I noticed almost right away was basically an almost complete resolution of my intestinal gas, bloating and digestive discomfort.
I was a strict carnivore for the first 2 to 3 months where I didn’t eat any plant material at all but then I found it was a little bit restrictive in regards to my family life (and my wife was getting worried) so then I added back in things such as avocados, certain nuts and olive oil on occasion. So I'm more carnivore-ish than strict carnivore now but who cares about terminology. Its results and health we are after.
Before getting to the five benefits of the carnivore diet I just want to lay out first that there is no evidence that any particular diet is the proper human diet. There is no research that proves that the plant-based diet or the animal-based diet is the best diet for human health. Any evidence we have out there is either anecdotal (which means one person says I did this and got better) or they are epidemiological meaning its observational studies such as food frequency questionnaires that are used to look at data observationally. There is no randomized controlled research that proves that vegan, vegetarian, keto or carnivore or any of the diets out there are the proper human diet.
Now that being said, lets now let’s talk about the 5 benefits of the Carnivore diet.
1. Improved skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin tags, etc. which get dramatically better when eating a very low to zero carb diet which is a carnivore or carnivore-ish diet. I really could have benefited from this knowledge years ago when I had really bad acne. It was embarrassing and humiliating to be honest. I didn’t want to go out in public or be around anyone. Quite a sad time actually. My mom was really helpful at this time and God lead me to the truth I needed to heal my skin and now I live with clear skin as you can see.
2. Improved joint inflammation which can be caused by a diagnosis of degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis, the pain can come from rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout (yes eating a low carb or carnivore diet can help improve gout sx). If you have ANY of these conditions I highly recommend trying the Carnivore diet for 90 days.
3. Improved gut conditions. Many people have seen that by eating a carnivore diet their chronic constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are markedly improved. Just like above, If you have ANY of these conditions I highly recommend trying the Carnivore diet for 90 days.
4. Accelerated fat loss. There is no diet that elicits fat loss faster than the low carb keto diet and as I mentioned above, the Carnivore diet is a subset of the keto diet. If on the current diet that you are eating is not eliciting as much fat loss as you desire then I would definitely recommend giving the carnivore diet a three month challenge. The carnivore diet just like the keto diet hacks your hormones like your insulin, leptin, ghrelin, thyroid, testosterone and human growth hormone. It puts all of them in the sweet spot so you burn the maximum amount of fat.
5. Improved brain function. By incorporating a carnivore diet, you will see improvements in mental clarity, motivation, and an Ability to think through and stay focused on things. People see marked improvements with anxiety, depression, OCD, ADD, ADHD, even severe autism and that sx become dramatically less severe.
Thousands of people are reporting all these benefits so I think its wise that we at least give the low carb, keto and carnivore diets our attention.
If you have metabolic syndrome, pre diabetes, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and we know that each one of these conditions is due to chronic hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) and hyperinsulinemia (high insulin) then I highly recommend a low carb, keto or carnivore diet for at least 3 months to see what it will do for you.
If you know of anyone that may benefit from this video, please consider sharing it with them as you may help them resolve their health condition or at a minimum drastically improve it.
Happy fat loss,